Friday 29 June 2012

Things to do before you die?

I have been astounded by the response to Mick's death. Stunned, humbled, and supported. I am in the very lucky position of having no regrets, no words unsaid, no deeds undone, and I feel truly blessed to have had such a fantastic five years, six months and twenty days with him. We had such a good time, always off on adventures together: some physical, trailing up and down the country doing our re-enactments; some mental when we sat and studied history and debated points of logic; some spiritual when we spoke of the what if's and when's.... 


The thing I take most comfort in is the outpouring of love from our family and friends. The support, understanding, time.. space.. love.


People have spoken of me being "brave" and "strong" but actually I feel I am, apart from numb, carrying on Mick's legacy.


He taught me to live every moment of every day, as I did him. We had an adventure every day. We enjoyed the company of each other, and our children and friends. 


The true reality is that my adventures are only just beginning. I have bought a new notebook (our house is littered with "adventure books", listing where we were going, what we were doing, and topics for further research. Re-reading them has made me smile!) and I have written a list of my new adventures:



  1. Sail on a pirate ship
  2. ride a horse
  3. learn to draw cows
  4. swim in the sea again

Many people write "bucket lists" but tonight I encourage you to write "fuck-it" lists: do it, dream it, live it. 

Join my group, and together we can fly!

Post your ideas on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/326041150813264/ and  WE will see what we can achieve together

ps I went out for  a drink with a very handsome man this evening: Michael Wokes senior, and I really enjoyed it!



1 comment:

  1. Awww Clarice you are truly inspirational.....you really really are!:)x

    ReplyDelete